I love this Vogue list. I tried most of these looks while living in NYC or France, where they understand fashion experimentation. Washington doesn't have the DNA to understand fashion, but there's always hope with the advancements in gene (and jeans) research.
1. Stepped out in thigh-high boots and a miniskirt at least once.
2. Adapted something from a school girl’s uniform-pleated skirt, Peter Pan collar, or over-the-knee socks for your working wardrobe.
3. Exposed a cowboy boot.
4. Taken to the streets in a nightgown.
5. Done sequin pants for day.
6. Gone goth, punk, or grunge for the night.
7. Reinvented an oversize men’s blazer as a dress.
8. Blown your tax return on a pair of skinny leather pants and regretted it.
9. Worn a “signature” hat.
10. Referenced at least two of the following for inspiration: Joan Jett, Jane Birkin,Bianca Jagger, Stevie Nicks, Kurt Cobain, or Anita Pallenberg.